How to Export Contacts From Gmail to Phone Using Simple Methods
Summary: There are various methods to export contacts from Gmail to phone. In this blog, you will find two simple methods to get the contacts; one being the manual method and the other one being an expert-recommended solution.
No doubt, Gmail is the most reliable and convenient web-based email application. Also, it contains some advanced features like spam filtering, storage space (15 GB), two-step verification, etc. Thus, many users want to get contacts from gmail to phone. This approach is not very difficult, but most of the people are not aware of it. So, to help the users who want to move Gmail contacts to Phone, we will share a step-by-step guide for the same.
User Query: “Hello everyone, I have more than 300 contacts in my phone and it’s quite difficult to manage all of them. Sometimes I am working away from my office table at that time I cannot access all my contacts. Thus, I need to export contacts from Gmail to phone but do not know the solution to do so. Can anybody suggest me a feasible solution to take Gmail contacts on the phone?”
Manual Steps to Export Contacts From Gmail to Phone
Go through the following steps that will help to perform the task. Please have a look:
- If you are using an Android phone, all your contacts are automatically saved to your Gmail account.
- If you have already saved an email address to Gmail it will be backed up and should be in the list of ‘Contacts’. Select the Google Contacts app on either a PC or mobile phone to check.
- Select all contacts or select the required contacts to back up.
- After selecting the contacts use More Actions or vertical three Dots and select the Export option.
- A window will open asking you to choose the Export Contact option and Export as.
- Finally press the Export option to get contacts from Gmail to Phone.
Note: You can move the Gmail contacts to your Phone directly. However, in case, extracting through the PC, then you will need to move the downloaded contacts to your Phone.
Another thing that we need to know is that this manual method will only export contacts. To get the email addresses or any other category data, then consider using the automated tool which we have discussed in the next section.
Automated Solution to Export Contacts From Gmail to Phone
After considering the above scenario, you can try this Gmail Backup Tool to backup and save Gmail contacts to Phone. It is designed in such a way, that the user can easily take the backup of contacts from a Gmail account without any risk or data loss. It is capable enough to get contacts from gmail to phone in different file formats such as VCF, EML, MSG, MBOX, PDF and PST.
It has a simple and user-friendly interface that even a novice user can use without taking expert advice. Using this software a user can save Gmail emails to hard drive or can save them on the computer. Here are the following steps to back up Gmail contacts:
- Launch the software to initiate the process to backup and get contacts from Gmail to phone. Add all the Gmail credentials containing username and password.
- Choose backup formats like VCF, EML, MSG, PST and PDF according to your choice. Select the category “Contacts“. Add the destination location and then, apply multiple filters that are needed.
- Click the Start button to export contacts from Gmail to phone, the export process will begin. When it is finished, users will receive a notification or email.
Also Read: Use Quick Way to Convert Gmail to EML File Format
Time to Wind Up
Backup is the best way to protect crucial data and save it somewhere else for future reference. So, in this blog, we have described a solution to let users understand how to back up and export contacts from Gmail to phone. Users can follow the guidelines that we have mentioned here and successfully back up Gmail contacts. Otherwise, users can take the help of a reliable third-party tool which is mentioned above. This utility allows a user to backup Gmail contacts to vCard format, it can also take backup and export other types like Doc, Calender, and Emails.
Q1. How do I retrieve contacts from Gmail to my phone?
Q2. What’s the best solution available to export my Google Contacts to my phone?
Well, you can use the offline tool which helps to get the contacts and other category data from Google.